Home Login Register  

User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 19:41:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bogging when opening the throttle  (Read 2406 times)
Bluedeku

« on: June 27, 2016, 18:34:00 pm »

So far I have cleaned the carbs and lubed everything that needs it. My issue is this...when I open the throttle I lose rpm, I get boggy and occasionally will stall. My choke is on or 1/4 let out(bike will still turn on but it's choppy-less than 100rpm) and if I try to let more choke out I bog down.

From what I can tell...I need to rearrange the air cleaner box because I may be letting in too much air by not having a good seal.  I'm gonna try to test out that hypothesis tonight. I'm hoping that getting everything snug will correct my issue. 

Here's my question...can any of you think what might be holding me back from getting use of my throttle? Is there something in missing?

I've got a 96 600s

Nelson
tonymechanic
Extreme poster

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 18:59:34 pm »

So far I have cleaned the carbs and lubed everything that needs it. My issue is this...when I open the throttle I lose rpm, I get boggy and occasionally will stall. My choke is on or 1/4 let out(bike will still turn on but it's choppy-less than 100rpm) and if I try to let more choke out I bog down.

From what I can tell...I need to rearrange the air cleaner box because I may be letting in too much air by not having a good seal.  I'm gonna try to test out that hypothesis tonight. I'm hoping that getting everything snug will correct my issue. 

Here's my question...can any of you think what might be holding me back from getting use of my throttle? Is there something in missing?

I've got a 96 600s

not quite sure what you mean about letting the choke out ? is it on or off. ?

I used to take drugs because I wanted to, I now take drugs because I have too.
fatblokeonbnadit
Extreme poster

Dont be nasty, have a pasty......

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 19:22:32 pm »

Was it working Ok BEFORE you cleaned the carbs dontknow dontknow dontknow dontknow

Dont be nasty have a pasty, Dont be shy have a pie..................................................
Advertisement

Mr Brownstone
Frequent poster

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 20:31:08 pm »

If the choke is on and u rev it, it will be too rich and konk out dontknow

Bluedeku

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 21:05:22 pm »

Yes. It was having the same issue before I cleaned the carbs. Choke is all the way on. Even the slightest increase in throttle causes the rpms to drop and stall out. I have had two instances where it actually wanted to rev up but then it quickly dropped out again. Also, with the choke on the rpms are at 2k-3k. Not sure if that is too low or high.

Nelson
tonymechanic
Extreme poster

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 21:42:02 pm »

how does it ride with the choke fully off ( chock lever pushed fully forward ) ?

I used to take drugs because I wanted to, I now take drugs because I have too.
Bluedeku

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 21:56:21 pm »

MAYBE gets up to 1000rpm. But very choppy and disjointed firing of engine. Will still stall if slight increase in throttle.

Nelson
MEM62
Frequent poster

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 13:30:10 pm »

Blocked air filter??
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 3 © Bloc