Home Login Register  

User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 23:30:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: suspension upgrades  (Read 2407 times)
chrisc

« on: May 22, 2015, 04:53:57 am »

couple of quick questions.
when changing the rear shock from one that will fit off a different bike do i need the linkages from the other bike or will the bandit linkages work?
planning to swap the rear shock for a gsxr1000 or a busa shock

also whats the best way or improving the front suspension without replacing the front end?
are there certain stronger springs/better fork oil that can be used with the standard forks?

at some point i may swap the front end for a gsxr1000 or busa front end when ive got the funds spare

and one more will an rf600 or rf900 top yoke fit straight onto a bandit?

mines a 2001 gsf600y

cheers chris
Mr Brownstone
Frequent poster

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 07:28:05 am »

I fitted the hyperpro progressive spring kit to mine. It came with front springs and oil and rear shock spring for 200 notes. It's greatly improved handling for me, bikes far more planted and no more front end diving like a U boat  icon_thumright

chrisc

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 09:16:04 am »

I fitted the hyperpro progressive spring kit to mine. It came with front springs and oil and rear shock spring for 200 notes. It's greatly improved handling for me, bikes far more planted and no more front end diving like a U boat  icon_thumright

thanks been having a look at those on ebay but dont really have the cash spare for those at the moment but definitely something i think ill save up for instead of messing around an swapping the front end for something else.

seen a few busa shocks on ebay for around £40-£50 so may have a look at fitting one of those an see how it feels once i find out if i need the busa linkages as well as the shock
Advertisement

fatblokeonbnadit
Extreme poster

Dont be nasty, have a pasty......

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 09:33:08 am »

thanks been having a look at those on ebay but dont really have the cash spare for those at the moment but definitely something i think ill save up for instead of messing around an swapping the front end for something else.

seen a few busa shocks on ebay for around £40-£50 so may have a look at fitting one of those an see how it feels once i find out if i need the busa linkages as well as the shock
http://www.banditforum.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=66431.0

If you use the busa shock 330mm, and bandit linkage and dog bones will give you about 25-35 mm lift at the rear depending where you measure it icon_thumright

be very carful with K series and tl/busa/srad forks as they are very short, I had 1000 k4 forks on mine briefly but the mudguard hit the oil cooler, get the linear springs for your weight as the progressive springs are better but still a compromise. icon_thumright

Dont be nasty have a pasty, Dont be shy have a pie..................................................
chrisc

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 21:57:22 pm »

i picked up this shock cheap today its off a gsxr600 srad not sure which year though.

after measuring it its around 350mm from hole center to hole center, from reading other threads on here they say that a shock thats 10-15mm longer is the max that will fit straight in but is there any way of fitting this shock into a mk2 600 with it being 30mm longer than the standard shock?

fatblokeonbnadit
Extreme poster

Dont be nasty, have a pasty......

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 22:10:02 pm »

i picked up this shock cheap today its off a gsxr600 srad not sure which year though.

after measuring it its around 350mm from hole center to hole center, from reading other threads on here they say that a shock thats 10-15mm longer is the max that will fit straight in but is there any way of fitting this shock into a mk2 600 with it being 30mm longer than the standard shock?

that will be a 96-99 srad shock and in a word NO, 30 mm is way too long you will have to compress the spring to make it fit which will use up a certain amount of the travel before you start, unless you use the main stand amounts instead and then get different linkage and dog bones, chuck it in the bin, read the rear shock length guide and get one about 330mm ish that will fit in easily icon_thumright icon_thumright icon_thumright icon_thumright

Dont be nasty have a pasty, Dont be shy have a pie..................................................
chrisc

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 22:21:17 pm »

that will be a 96-99 srad shock and in a word NO, 30 mm is way too long you will have to compress the spring to make it fit which will use up a certain amount of the travel before you start, unless you use the main stand amounts instead and then get different linkage and dog bones, chuck it in the bin, read the rear shock length guide and get one about 330mm ish that will fit in easily icon_thumright icon_thumright icon_thumright icon_thumright

cheers had a feeling it would be no good after id actually measured it, was only £14 so bought it on the off chance it might fit
i use the main stand a lot so dont want to be removing that an messing around loads trying to fit this one ill stick it back on ebay an pick up a busa or gsxr100 shock next month
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 3 © Bloc