Home Login Register  

User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 17:28:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Naked K1 B1200 big screen needed  (Read 3395 times)
Essexlad
Medium poster

« on: October 19, 2014, 21:36:03 pm »

Can anyone suggest a place that i can get a large screen to fit my naked K1 1200.
I know your gonna say should have gone for the half faired but its just too damn ugly.

Im looking for something that will give as much of a shielding from windblast as possible.
Ive seen vario do big screens. But i can never get any idea of the size of them.

jack.

remember, if at first you dont succeed. sky diving aint for you!
andycamaro
Frequent poster

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 08:56:23 am »

there are multiple options out there and depends how deep your pockets are or what kind of style you are after.
Have seen some all coverage ones that couriers use or you could go for something like this
http://www.motorcycle-exhausts.co.uk/PUIG_CITY_TOURING_Universal_Scooter_Screen--product--12091.html#.VES-6FdTBwg
or something like this
http://www.f2motorcycles.ltd.uk/dneprupgrades.html

Did also think if my next bike before I bought the Bandit was going to be naked though about the Harley screen http://www.harleydavidsonfairing.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/harleyh1.png
NTBooth
Medium poster

How do I ... ???

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 10:43:53 am »

~~I was looking at this myself (and yes with abit more thought I probably should have bought the half faired model too haha.

I know GIVI do some BIG screens that are supposedly universal fit. one of them is even advertised on a bandit.

http://www.givi.co.uk/products/screens-spoilers

I went for something a little more sporty and got a Puig Wave screen. ( I couldn't bare to drive around with one of these big see-through plastic things on mine unfortunately )
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=puig+wave+screen&id=C33C4A70A5336D656A4A563E7A8EAEF7DA29FEC0&FORM=IQFRBA#view=detail&id=C33C4A70A5336D656A4A563E7A8EAEF7DA29FEC0&selectedIndex=0

Offers me 0 protection but looks alright and protects my clock at least! For now I will just have to put up with the winds!

Advertisement

NTBooth
Medium poster

How do I ... ???

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 10:46:13 am »

http://www.hard-motorcycle-luggage.co.uk/acatalog/givi-a620-windscreen-and-fitting-kit-a34-with-d45-u.html

This is the GIVI one modelled on a bandit.

Essexlad
Medium poster

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 15:26:58 pm »

This looks like the ideal to me. Doesnt look too hideous either.

jack.

unclepoo
Frequent poster

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 20:13:57 pm »

how about this   http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AIRBLADE-UNIVERSAL-MOTORCYCLE-TALL-BOY-FLY-SCREEN-LIGHT-SMOKED-ROUND-HEADLIGHT-/161218773675?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item25896342ab
NTBooth
Medium poster

How do I ... ???

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 20:58:29 pm »

If you do end up fitting a big screen Make sure you stick some pictures of it on here!!

Essexlad
Medium poster

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 21:49:15 pm »

how about this   http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AIRBLADE-UNIVERSAL-MOTORCYCLE-TALL-BOY-FLY-SCREEN-LIGHT-SMOKED-ROUND-HEADLIGHT-/161218773675?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item25896342ab

That actually looks alot better. And significantly cheaper. Not sure what the quality of it would be like but for £30 odd its worth the go!

jack.

NTBooth
Medium poster

How do I ... ???

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 21:53:01 pm »

Looks like its only held on by the headlight bolts, that's alright for little screens like my puig wave one. But a big screen like that catching ALOT of wind? I wouldn't want to try it to be honest. Would deffinatly go for one with a better mounting system.

That thirty quid might end up a mile behind you on the M6. probably with your headlight...haha. #
Then again I could be wrong and it could be brilliant! haha.  dontknow

Essexlad
Medium poster

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2014, 22:08:19 pm »

Thats whats putting me off a little bit. Cant beleive how expensive sone screens are tbh!

jack.

NTBooth
Medium poster

How do I ... ???

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2014, 22:41:02 pm »

yeh I know, some can be abit pricey!
although if they do the job, then it would be argued its worth spending a decent bit of cash on it...in the end I suppose it really comes down to how much you don't like wind! if your completely opposed to it, £200 would be pretty reasonable. if your not that bothered then the same £200 is probably pretty extortionate.

delibeli
Frequent poster

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2014, 21:50:48 pm »

the screen on mine and I had a similar one on the B6 gives amazing wind protection and not to noticible as to totally spoil the looks of the naked bike. im getting soft in my old age but long runs on a totally naked bike is torture now.
be careful on the size of screen you fit though, I fitted a big touring screen onced to a GS1100, it clamped on to the handlebars and the first time I was out on it was magic, no windblast at all, 90mph with the visor up no probs.
later that day I got hit with a side wind and the screen acted like a sail and turned the bars pushing me into oncoming traffic and nearly killed me. Shocked Shocked.
the screen went in the bin when I got home.

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity....
NTBooth
Medium poster

How do I ... ???

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 11:53:45 am »

Rolling on Floor Rolling on Floor
I shouldn't laugh but I cant help it haha, ive had that happen to me once or twice on a motorway getting pushed into another lane by the wind and that is pretty terrifying, luckily no oncoming traffic for me yet!!  Rolling on Floor that's something to look forward to I suppose!!!  occasion16

Essexlad
Medium poster

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 20:04:51 pm »

the screen on mine and I had a similar one on the B6 gives amazing wind protection and not to noticible as to totally spoil the looks of the naked bike. im getting soft in my old age but long runs on a totally naked bike is torture now.
be careful on the size of screen you fit though, I fitted a big touring screen onced to a GS1100, it clamped on to the handlebars and the first time I was out on it was magic, no windblast at all, 90mph with the visor up no probs.
later that day I got hit with a side wind and the screen acted like a sail and turned the bars pushing me into oncoming traffic and nearly killed me. Shocked Shocked.
the screen went in the bin when I got home.

Holy crap!! How big was the screen or windy was it to have that happen?

jack.

delibeli
Frequent poster

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2014, 01:26:28 am »

the screen was very similar to the second one in andycamaro's post above. the wind was quite strong but I was with a few mates, one on a Z1000 and the other on a 1100 katana and the wind didn't bother them.
it pushed me right across the road and I ended up passing the oncoming cars between their passenger side and the kerb. what a adrenelin rush. Shocked Rolling on Floor Rolling on Floor Rolling on Floor Rolling on Floor

ps. it also looked shit.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 01:33:17 am by delibeli » Logged

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity....
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 3 © Bloc