Home Login Register  

User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 20:16:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1250 clock problem  (Read 3689 times)
kmabo
« on: March 17, 2010, 00:30:40 am »

hi guys getting an intermitent problem with my clocks on my 1250......all of a sudden the clocks will stop working the speedo goes blank and the rev counter needle stays on the what ever it was when clocks go off....has anyone had this problem or can someone help
thanks
kev
kewwig
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 08:33:31 am »

I'd check your battery terminals are tight.  If OK, then check the main plug that goes into the back of the instruments.  It sounds like a bad earth and re-seating the plug may do it.
Delboy
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 09:55:44 am »

I'd check your battery terminals are tight.  If OK, then check the main plug that goes into the back of the instruments.  It sounds like a bad earth and re-seating the plug may do it.

i agree
Advertisement

kmabo
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 12:20:31 pm »

thanks guys will try that, but my only problem is when the speedo goes off and i stop. the neutrel light and oil light are working
shawn82
Frequent poster

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 14:41:36 pm »

im no expert but maybe check that the cables are'nt snagging?  does it happen as your turning?   i switched my headlights to twins a while ago and found that as i turned the headlight wires pulled over the speedo cable and kept stopping it.

cheers,shawn.

WindyMiller
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 14:15:24 pm »

Hi, has anyone found the cause of this problem, as it's just happened to me.

I have a 1250 57 reg with 1607 miles on the clock. It all works very well, but I left it ticking over for 5 min in the garage, when I returned, the rev counter was at zero and the digital display was dead but the engine still running fine....all other functions were working ok.

Can anyone help?
minesapint
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 22:58:46 pm »

did any one find the problem with clocks think i have same problem on my Bandit K5  650, mine sets time back to 1.00 when it happens all wires look OK.
is it the same as in this vid
daz457
Extreme poster

LEEDS Z1000SX

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 00:00:29 am »

if the time is resetting then I would say that there has been a break in the current going to the clocks, a minor interuption would be enough I reckon to reset the clock, not sure if this would affect the rest of it and make it stop working, they can be a bit prone to condensation I have found this on mine but never had a problem so far, touch wood.

my first point of all would be the wiring, check all plugs are tight and not corroded, terminals tight as alreadt said.

edit: looking at the vid , thats what happens when you first turn the key, the rev needle wraps round and then resets back to zero, could be an issue with the ignition wiring telling the clocks that you are turning them on ?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 00:02:52 am by daz457 » Logged

Yogi 1250
Extreme poster

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 00:27:40 am »

I have a 1250 57 reg  ... I left it ticking over for 5 min in the garage, when I returned, the rev counter was at zero and the digital display was dead but the engine still running fine....

This isn't exactly realted to your problem but just for information, the 1250 will run and ride without any clocks connected at all
minesapint
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 16:23:09 pm »

any one had this problem and found a fix? before i go out and replace my clocks
thanks
daz457
Extreme poster

LEEDS Z1000SX

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 16:31:48 pm »

replacing the clocks will be an expensive option

minesapint
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 15:18:55 pm »

try here
http://www.scorpio-electronics.co.uk/index.html  dancing banana
Skyjay

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 03:25:00 am »

hi guys getting an intermitent problem with my clocks on my 1250......all of a sudden the clocks will stop working the speedo goes blank and the rev counter needle stays on the what ever it was when clocks go off....has anyone had this problem or can someone help
thanks
kev
Had a similar issue on my Mk1 b12, check your fuses, there is one that controls most of the console if I'm not mistaken.
WindyMiller
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2012, 17:35:00 pm »

Hi,

just had my Bandit sorted. Had all the wiring checked, and all was ok. It turned out to be the clocks that had a faulty pcb which intermittantly cut power to the dial and display. A new set of clocks is the only fix for this problem, which Redcar m/c's of Leicester sorted for me with great customer service. I now have a Bandit with zero miles on it  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 3 © Bloc