Home Login Register  

User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 21:58:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GIPRO Gear Indicator  (Read 12920 times)
Gadget Man
« on: September 03, 2009, 20:33:17 pm »

Just took delivery of one of these gadgets.

Its a GIPRO gear indicator.

The various pictures show all the parts and bits and pieces you get in the box. The last picure is the connector.

It appears Suzuki fitted a gear indicator into the wirring loom but didn't put a display on dash. Weird.

Anyway I was going to take a few more pictures but once I got stuck into it it was pretty quickly fitted.

It runs perfectly and shows the gear faultlessy. It also has a Timing Retard eliminator biut I'm not sure what thats all about. Cost was just over £100.

Fitting time was about 20 minutes once I'd found the connector. The instructions said it was under the tank. It wasn't it was under the left side panel. Other than that easy peasy.
pastyman
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 20:57:40 pm »

Hi , would you mind telling me exactly which model indicator this is, sa1 sa2 etc and for which bike?

I am going to get one, but would like to know what it's like to fit, i thought the version with the TRE, was more involved than the standard version.

Is this the one that is about an inch or so high?

Sorry for all the questions
Gadget Man
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 21:14:59 pm »

Hi , would you mind telling me exactly which model indicator this is, sa1 sa2 etc and for which bike?

I am going to get one, but would like to know what it's like to fit, i thought the version with the TRE, was more involved than the standard version.

Is this the one that is about an inch or so high?

Sorry for all the questions

Its the SO2 model.

Easy enough to fit once you locate that connector.

The TRE is all part of the same unit and comes switched off. A press of a button supposedly enables it but that for me will come later wjhen I can work out if that has any benefits. The instructions do say that TRE is not for road use. By that I think they mean track use only.

No problems with the questions.

Quite a doddle to fit and it works really well. Just as if Suzuki had fitted it. Well chuffed with it tonight when i went out. It really hellps to visually see what gear you are in. Saves cruising in 4th when you can easily go to 6th. Might even pay for  itself eventually.
Advertisement

vRSLen
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 22:21:34 pm »

Does it help in getting the front end up though?
Gadget Man
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 22:41:04 pm »

I'm not looking to do that. Too s__t scared of falling off.
slingit
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 22:52:54 pm »

gear indicator-otherwise know as idiot lights Grin
Beiciwr
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 07:56:28 am »

If you want to know which GiPro to buy for your bike, go to their website - http://www.gi-pro.net/

I fitted one to my 1250 Bandit when I first got it, and it runs faultlessly.

A gear indicator is now standard for the new 650 Bandit. Only a matter of time before the 1250 has it as standard.  The socket is there waithing - it just plugs in.

Yes, I know not everyone sees the point of them.  I mainly got mine because the bike was new and very different from my last one.   I also occasionally take a pillion, and when I do the bike handles totally diffently.  Finding yourself in the wrong gear at junctions, etc can have less-than-good results.

OK, most of the time you DO know what gear you're in - but there are occasions when you don't - especially with a new bike - and occasionally things happen where e.g. a forced fast down-shift leave you initially unsure.

Put simply, I still consider it the best £100 I ever spent.  With a gear indicator I now spend more time thinking about the road, not the bike, and that has to be a good thing.
pjamas00
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 21:37:44 pm »

Were do u find the best position is for fitting this indicator that it can easily be viewed while riding along?
Beiciwr
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 09:25:15 am »

Mine is stuck on the "S" logo between/below the 2 dials.  Looks just great, and subtle too.
madsod
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 08:00:53 am »

my gear is helmet boots and a jacket     Rolling on Floor Rolling on Floor  , i do have one on my 1200s  icon_thumright
bluesuzi

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2017, 21:25:10 pm »

I have the 2009  Bandit 1250 as well. I found that triangular shaped connector under the left side panel,but it has a factory installed part of the harness already plugged into it.....do i just unplug it and plug in the GIpro gear indicator ???Any help will be just that and appreciated.

It will be OK in the end......if its not OK.....Its not the end !!
Bandakias
Light poster

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2017, 06:56:09 am »

I have the 2009  Bandit 1250 as well. I found that triangular shaped connector under the left side panel,but it has a factory installed part of the harness already plugged into it.....do i just unplug it and plug in the GIpro gear indicator ???Any help will be just that and appreciated.

Yes, just unplug it and plug the Gipro in both ends.
aido43

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2017, 15:45:49 pm »

Fitted basic model a year ago--easily connected and also put display under dials. Id a habit of thinking I was in 5th and trying to change up to find I was already there. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 3 © Bloc