Home Login Register  

User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 13:50:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Acceleration power loss while riding  (Read 8322 times)
Davis81

L

« on: May 28, 2017, 20:07:07 pm »

gsf bandit 650s 2007 ABS
The situation is when I am riding , the bike will loose power on the acceleration  throtle, and start to slow down leaving me no power in the throtle, so all I do is tap down a gear and the bikes back to normal, it's only done it 3 times in the last 3 days I've been riding, each time it's happened, all at a different speeds.
 Only had the bike for 3 months using every day , it's had oil and filter change and coolent flush and fill a month ago. The mileage is 14500 .

Had look at the spark plugs and coils today they seemed ok , no dealer codes have come up in dealer mode. So I am struggling any suggestion please ?
Ow I've only been riding 3 months new rider .

🤠
dharry
Frequent poster

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 09:13:52 am »

sounds like the fuel pump to me... the only thing that can stop a bandit.
Find an appropriate road, warm up the engine, then on 2nd gear at 2k rpm open completely the throttle: the engine must pull like a beast until redline. If somewhere at high rpms it starts to hesitate, cough and can't go past a certain point, it's 99% the pump. Just clean it, and you'll be fine again... it's the high pressure filter the one that gets clogged, a fine mesh hidden in the white plastic casing, after the pump motor.

best,

DH
Davis81

L

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 20:02:21 pm »

Thanks
I will give her a blast in the morning and remove the fuel pump and change the filter towards the end of the week and see how she performs after that . It's only happened when the weathers been hot, I did think it may be over heating and cutting out .

🤠
Advertisement

dharry
Frequent poster

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 09:33:10 am »

pay attention to this:

https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/suzuki-parts/motorcycles/gsf650nsnasa-bandit-2007/fuel-pump-458805.aspx

the filter n.15 will most likely be fine, spray it with carb cleaner and keep it.
The problem usually lies in the pressure regulator housing n.8, there's a fine steel mesh inside that gets clogged (happened to me two times)... spray it with carb cleaner and blow with compressed air many times, until no more stuff comes out. Most mechanics don't know this trick: they change the filter, the problem remains, then they change the whole pump assembly (+400 bucks).

best,

DH
luc

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 09:53:54 am »

take a look at the fuel line i routed mine de wrong way and bent it to much and restricted the fuel flow . my bike was ok til 6000 rpm and died . i rerouted the fuel line and now evrything is back to normal .excuse my englisch i am from belgium
dharry
Frequent poster

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 15:41:05 pm »

take a look at the fuel line i routed mine de wrong way and bent it to much and restricted the fuel flow

if you kinked it that much, I'd replace it... fuel flows at 3 bar inside there... your rear tire it's at 2,5 :-O

best,

DH
Davis81

L

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 04:06:52 am »

Stripped , fuel pump cleaned both filters cleaned fuel pipes and breather pipe , did it again on way home from work, so that's the forth time , as I was loosing speed at 70mph instead of knocking down a gear straight away I was pondering what it could be, now I think it may be the kickstand sensor as I have trouble getting the neutral light on, mostly does not come on at all unless I tap the kickstand slightly , I've cleaned it well as it's a enclosed sensor I've sprayed wd40 in it, to no result .
So I'm thinking the sensor may think  the kickstand is down sometimes,  and where I think there is no power the bike is cutting out with no revs as I was watching for any signs this is happening , and by me knocking it down a gear I'm jump staring the bike into action again . Would this seem plausible to you ?
Also is the kickstand sensor interlinked with the gear sensor ?
Thank
D Davis

🤠
daz457
Extreme poster

LEEDS Z1000SX

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 10:14:34 am »

if the sidestand switch was not engaging then you would have a 'chec' error on the digital display, cannot see why knocking down a gear would affect the sidestand switch ?  dontknow

Davis81

L

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2017, 11:02:21 am »

I'll have to have another think , I will try the kickstand sensor by snipping the wires and connecting them together so there In A permiment connection. ( will put it back after this little test as I know it's a safety feature ) and see if this works. All I can do is rule out  possibilities , and I don't see how the error code would come on because if the sensor is dodgy it's only telling the bike to cut out as it's stand is down, and that would be normal procedure for it, so wouldn't say a error code just check on screen .
Or am I thinking about this on the wrong way 🙃

🤠
daz457
Extreme poster

LEEDS Z1000SX

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2017, 11:23:53 am »

if you try to start the bike with kill switch on or without lifting siderstand i thought the chec error would come onto the display, its been a while since I had my 1250  so I cant remember, also if the switch was not engaged it would cut out completely, the bike would die and it wouldnt matter if you dropped a gear or not, as you have said the switch is there as a safety device

dharry
Frequent poster

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2017, 18:09:39 pm »

So I'm thinking the sensor may think  the kickstand is down sometimes

no, it can't be... you'd see the "check" message on the odometer. Did you check the air filter?
If it's all right, it still seems a fuel pressure problem to me... best thing would be to borrow a tank from another bike, swap it and go for a ride.
How did the inside of your tank looked? Rusty? The petrol inside was clear?

best,

DH
Davis81

L

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2017, 19:58:26 pm »

The check message does come up on the speedo when It happens and engine  cuts out,
The fuel tank was clean no rust inside, and the fuel pipe and breather pipe are not kinked either. going test the side stand switch, relay and dilode for the kickstand.

Just rode into work now and was all ok just happens now and then no consistidty to it.

did a test while I was riding and tapped the kickstand the engine cut out and came back to life knocking it into gear,
I got size 12 feet so I will watch that it's not me tapping the kickstand slightly.

🤠
kenb
Forum Sponsor
Extreme poster

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2017, 20:33:11 pm »

Question.

Is the stand spring OK and not slack if you can tap the stand and the engine cuts?
Davis81

L

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2017, 20:36:24 pm »

I'd not thought about that, I will have a look in the morning, when I've put the bike in neutral and put the kick stand down half the time the engine will cut out.

🤠
daz457
Extreme poster

LEEDS Z1000SX

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2017, 22:11:02 pm »

If the engine is cutting out in neutral WITH the sidestand  down then its not the sidestand switch ? The bike will run with or without the sidestand down if the bike is in neutral, the switch is only for when the bike is in gear to stop it being ridden off with the sidestand down to avoid it flipping you the first left hander you ride round. The check fault will only come on in 3 occasions, kill switch , clutch swith or sidestand switch, the clutch switch has no function when the bike is running, that only comes into play when starting, so you have 2 options, if its doing it in neutral then it has to be the kill switch, or you have an issue with the neutral switch giving you a false reading, dirty neutral switches are a known issue

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 3 © Bloc