Home Search Login Register  

User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 30, 2017, 03:32:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bandit 650 K8 mods?? Exhaust options??  (Read 365 times)
Yesjus

« on: February 16, 2017, 21:35:45 PM »

Hi All,

I'm recently new to biking and have my first bike..a black 2009 650 bandit!
I must confess though, that this was purchased at a cheap price (even though in good condition and recently serviced!) and is purely a first bike to learn on..this means it may get dropped , scrapped and well basically..learnt on!

My eventual plan, in the distance future, is to tinker and restore classic bikes but you have to start somewhere so the bandit is the first guinea pig bike I will tinker with.

That's where you guys come in hopefully to point me in the right direction!

Like I mentioned the bike was recently serviced when I first got it so not much is needed in terms of that just yet and after a good check over it does seem to be all running well, it's a completely stock bike.

My immediate plans are to change  the mirrors, some renthal bars, grips, new brake and clutch levers and maybe a tail tidy...basically all cheap to do items considering what the bike is actually for!

I'm currently just enjoying riding at the moment and get out as much as possible (rain pending)

The main thing I'm going to need some advice with straight away and what has become very apparent from the short time I have spent riding it, is that the stock exhaust has absolutely no charisma about it at all!! It needs to change!

My options are -

- buy a cheap exhaust of eBay 40
- remove baffle / drill stock exhaust

Now I know the obvious responsive will be "just buy a branded exhaust system" and it's done. This is all very well and makes perfect sense  but like I said I'm new to bikes so don't want to spend money on something I may wreck so I'm reserving buying a decent exhaust for the next bike!!

The second thing to consider is that it's purely to get a few more decibels, I'm not interested in power gain at all..its fast enough for me as is!

The advice I need is if the cheap eBay ones are ok for sound purposes only or if anyone has cut/drilled the stock exhaust and any information regarding it?

All other general mod advice is also appreciated!

Thanks guys

Look forward to hearing from you all (and probably getting hammered for this post!)
Lee540
Medium poster

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 09:44:31 AM »

Hawk/Pipewerx/MTC/Delkevic.. about 100-150 from eBay. Will be perfect, if you don't destroy your bike when you get the next bike you could sell this and make some money back.
daz457
Administrator
Extreme poster

LEEDS Z1000SX

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 16:23:09 PM »

hawk are a decent bit of kit and wont cost you the earth, easy to fit (under 15 minutes) road legal and a removable baffle, very nice sound, note: with standard can removed you may hear some 'poppin' on over run deceleration, this is normal so nothing to worry about

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 3 © Bloc